New Newsletter! – Movement #1
The No Borders UK Newsletter has been rotated around local No Borders groups for the last few years. Last month’s network gathering in London, signalled that it is now our turn to produce the publication. We intend to create a more regular and broad based periodical, drawing in others that work to end the inhuman cycle of detention, deportation and death through the abolition of migration control. As a statement of intent we are re-naming and re-launching!
SO… (drum roll…) we proudly present the first issue of ‘Movement’, a monthly newsletter covering the latest updates from the No Borders Network and beyond. This début issue is packed with articles on (follow the links find the original unedited versions);
- The situation in Calais,
- Resistance to deportation flights,
- A call to action at the UN Climate Conference,
- A report on a picket of the UKBA at Beckett House,
- Action at the Arora Hotel,
- The closure of Pagani Detention Centre,
- Blockade of detention centres in Belgium,
- Colnbrook blockade arrests ruled unlawful,
- Strike by migrant workers in Paris,
- ‘Defence Leagues’ defeated in south Wales
Help us make this Movement:
- print, photocopy and distribute copies in your local area.
- share this link online, forward it to anyone who might be interested or better still publish your own article promoting the newsletter.
- join our e-mail list and encourage others to do the same.
- contact the editorial collective and Read the rest of this entry »